Security is perhaps the most important factor to consider when making the choice of a home to buy. With an increase in annually reported burglaries, there is a need for homeowners to take proactive steps to secure their homes, whether by installing the latest security tools or consulting with Philadelphia locksmith to choose security measures that best befits your home.
Keeping security in mind, most homeowners have been reported to have lost several valuables while on vacation because their homes had been targeted. Keeping your home and properties safe and secure before and during vacations should be on top of your list as you plan the week or month out of town.
To ensure that you enjoy the best of your vacation while also coming home to meet your property intact, here are some recommended steps that may be useful for your home security.
TIPS FOR YOUR FAMILY
- Make sure that you have a home monitoring system. Getting a home monitoring system should be on top of your list of security items to install before embarking on a journey. Whether you will be away for a week, a month, or more, you will want to keep tabs on your home from anywhere in the world, and the home monitoring system makes that incredibly possible. You can track data points like front door opening, activate motion sensors, get a live video feed of your home in real-time, and more from anywhere through your mobile device.
- A less expensive way to achieve home monitoring and safety during your time away from home is to have a trusted person, whether a friend or family member, regularly check on your home to make sure things are in the right order. For people who don’t live far away, you can have them put on the lights at certain times of the day and put it off at other times to mimic activity in the home.
- Giving your spare key to someone you trust can also be a form of security while you are away, whether it’s your neighbors, friends, or family members, they can access the home at any time to give the illusion that there are active members of the home around, thus discouraging possible burglary attempts. In addition, doing this will also help you to better notice failed burglary attempts and beef up security.
- Prior to embarking on a vacation, you can also reach out to the United States Postal Service, having them hold your mail throughout the duration of your vacation, or have the mail redirected to your vacation spot. This is essential because unattended mail will raise eyebrows and suggest your absence.
- With social media having become an important part of most people’s lives, unscrupulous individuals have capitalized on this to harm unsuspecting individuals. It is recommended that you stay away from posting vacation photos on social media as this could suggest that your home has been left vulnerable and ready for attack.
CONTACT PROFESSIONAL LOCKSMITHS
While there may be no one sure-fire way to prevent burglary, it is recommended that you take proper steps by combining these approaches in an effort to keep your home safe. To learn more about vacation security tips, visit https://kingstonelocksmith.com/.
5343 Chestnut St Unit 1
Philadelphia, PA 19139
Find Us On Social Media: